The ESACH / Europa Nostra - Internship Programme is aimed at raising and promoting the voice of students and young professionals in the field of cultural heritage in Europe and beyond. This professionalisation programme is run by Europa Nostra and will be located at its offices in The Hague or Brussels (or remotely). As a highly qualified student, the intern will be able to work in one of the leading European NGOs in the field of cultural heritage. The programme shall be complemented by participation in capacity-building events in order to equip the candidate with learning and networking opportunities for career development on the international level.
About the Organisations
ESACH is an international network of European students and young professionals working within cultural heritage. We are volunteers working towards enhancing interdisciplinary collaboration amongst cultural heritage students and young professionals through networking and sharing knowledge.
Covering 40 countries, Europa Nostra is the most representative heritage network in Europe. The organisation campaigns to save Europe’s endangered monuments, sites and landscapes, in particular through the 7 Most Endangered programme, run in partnership with the European Investment Bank Institute. It celebrates excellence through the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards. It also contributes to the formulation and implementation of European strategies and policies related to heritage, through a structured dialogue with European Institutions.
Description of the position:
The intern will be responsible for:
- Developing new and existing collaboration projects between ESACH and Europa Nostra, such as the Heritage Ambassadors programme or the Youth Taskforce,
- Assisting Europa Nostra with the recruiting, developing and nurturing relations with young members and developing related outreach projects,
- Supporting the institutionalisation of ESACH as a legally based European organisation, building a network with other European youth organisations,
- Joining the ESACH team and representing our association with Europa Nostra
- Self-motivated, creative individual with the capacity to propose and implement small projects, working independently as well as part of a team
- Current Bachelors, Masters or PhD student in a relevant field (proof of University enrolment will be required)
- Participation in the Internship Program is open to all ESACH members. Registration as an ESACH member is free and can be done online on www.esach.org/become-a-member.html
- Excellent command of English language is a must; good command of French or other European languages will be an asset
- Demonstrated passion for cultural heritage
- Computer literacy (G Suite, Microsoft Word/Excel)
- Social media and graphic design skills, including basic web editing, will be an asset
- Accuracy and flexibility
- Previous collaboration and participation in ESACH will be valued
- Monthly allowance of € 300, some compensation for travel expenses and eligibility for ERASMUS+ funding
- On-location internship in Europa Nostra’s offices in The Hague or Brussels (if the situation allows it) or remotely.
- Duration between 3 and 6 months
- Starting date is flexible, to be defined by selected applicant and Europa Nostra
- Up to 3 positions per year
Send your application, including a CV, a motivation letter on your vision for ESACH, and a writing sample in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for the attention of Ms. Manon Richard. Recommendation letters will be accepted but are not required. Pre-selected applicants will be invited to an online interview with Manon Richard, ESACH President and Vice-President.
Deadline for application: 8 December 2020
Please refer all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Depending on the pandemic situation in January 2021 the first position might be eligible as a telework position.
Applications are currently closed. The next application period will open in May - June 2021