ESACH / Europa Nostra - Internship Programme
Are you passionate about cultural heritage and want to share your passion with hundreds of young people across Europe and beyond? Would you like to gain relevant work experience in one of Europe’s leading organisations for cultural heritage? Do you want insight into the issues and work surrounding cultural heritage, its policies and management on an international level?
The programme: The ESACH / Europa Nostra - Internship Programme is aimed at raising and promoting the voice of students and young professionals in the field of cultural heritage in Europe and beyond. This professionalisation programme is run by Europa Nostra, one of the leading European NGOs in the field of cultural heritage, and will be located at its offices in The Hague or Brussels (or remotely). The programme shall be complemented by participation in capacity-building events in order to equip the candidate with learning and networking opportunities for career development on the international level.
About: ESACH is an international network of European students and young professionals working within cultural heritage. We are volunteers working towards enhancing interdisciplinary collaboration amongst cultural heritage students and young professionals through networking and sharing knowledge.
Covering 40 countries, Europa Nostra is the most representative heritage network in Europe. The organisation campaigns to save Europe’s endangered monuments, sites and landscapes, in particular through the 7 Most Endangered programme, run in partnership with the European Investment Bank Institute. It celebrates excellence through the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards. It also contributes to the formulation and implementation of European strategies and policies related to heritage, through a structured dialogue with European Institutions.
Description of the position:
The intern will be responsible for:
- Developing new and coordinating existing collaboration projects between ESACH and Europa Nostra, such as the European Heritage Youth Ambassadors programme,
- Assisting Europa Nostra with recruiting, developing and nurturing relations with young members and developing related outreach projects (e.g. with the European Students’ Network),
- Supporting the institutionalisation of ESACH as a legally based European organisation, building a network with other European youth organisations,
- Joining the ESACH team and representing our association with Europa Nostra,
- Other tasks such as online promotion or translations may be asked.
- Be a member of ESACH and/or Europa Nostra (you can join ESACH here and Europa Nostra here, both free of charge)
- Self-motivated, creative individual with the capacity to propose and implement small projects, working independently as well as part of a team
- Current Bachelors, Masters or PhD student in a relevant field (proof of University enrollment will be required)
- Excellent command of English language is a must; good command of French or other European languages will be an asset
- Demonstrated passion for cultural heritage
- Computer literacy (G Suite, Microsoft Word/Excel),
- Social media and graphic design skills, including basic web editing, will be an asset
- Accuracy and flexibility
- Previous collaboration and participation in ESACH will be valued
- Monthly allowance of € 300, some compensation for travel expenses and eligibility for ERASMUS+ funding
- On-location internship in Europa Nostra’s offices in The Hague or Brussels (if the situation allows it) or remotely.
- Duration between 3 and 6 months
- Starting date is September 2021, specific details to be defined by selected applicant and Europa Nostra
Send your application, including a CV, a motivation letter on your vision for ESACH, and a writing sample in English, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Ms. Manon Richard. Recommendation letters will be accepted but are not required. Pre-selected applicants will be invited to an online interview.
Deadline for application: 13 June 2021
Please refer all questions to email@example.com.
Note: Depending on the pandemic situation the position might be eligible as a telework position.